Things I learned last night,
- 10 degree’s MEANS TEN DEGREEs. If your bag is rated for 15, bring a blanket.
- Boot Inserts make GREAT slippers!
- Sleeping on the snow is def colder than not sleeping on the snow
- A full moon is a great nightlight.
- It’s hard to eat an MRE with gloves on.
- Traditional Butane Stove’s don’t work well below 10F.
- Double wall tents- keep you 10 DEGREEs warmer.
- Trekking polls are for old people.. AND THEY ARE SIMPLY AMAZING! Great for fending off wild animals too.
- You can’t start a fire with frozen wood. Bring some biodiesel.
Coffee- the answer is the coffee.